Just a blog to motivate my weight loss, looking to finally drop some pounds. *Please don't be annoyed if I don't follow back, this is a second blog on my main account, so if I do follow back it will be under my sarahtalkstoomuch name. Thanks!
Starting Weight: 256 ~ 1/9/12
Goal Weight: 180
I'll update my progress as I go.
Wish me luck!
Posts tagged health.
~ Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine….
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t be afraid to shine. We are all Awesome!
Raw Cookie Dough Bites
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 2/3 cup raw walnuts
- 2/3 cup raw oat flakes (see note below)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (I’ll be subbing this out with natural PB)
- In a food processor, process the almonds, walnuts, oats, cinnamon and salt to a fine meal.
- Add the agave nectar and vanilla and process to combine.
- Next, add the cocoa nibs (or chocolate chips) and pulse just to combine.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls (about 1 tbsp each) and place them on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the freezer for about an hour to firm up.
- Store balls in a tightly covered container in the freezer.
- Raw oat flakes can be substituted for regular rolled oats, but if you want this treat to be truly raw, look for raw oat flakes, which haven’t been steamed or toasted during processing.
(I’m definitely making these to bring to my family’s St. Patrick’s Day dinner! Maybe I’ll add some green food color? Lol!)
These look so gooood!
here you go :)
Time to kick it up for March :D